Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Moving

I wish it weren't so. But we are moving again. Our manager Here at the Plaza Robin Hall let us go when we arrived back from vacation. It was very strange. She didn't give us any specific reasons why she was  unhappy with our cleaning and quoted that Minnesota is an "at will employer." 

It is especially disconcerting because our manager knew I was set to stop working when we returned and I would be home full time with you and have MORE time to clean. Also. Daddy just took a new position with set hours that made it easier for him to clean at regular times rather than working around his varying retail schedule. It just doesn't add up. Mommy gave up her job that she loved to make this all work, but it didn't. 

Mommy is so sorry Crosby. Daddy and I worked very very hard here. The residents we have spoken with simply cannot believe we were let go. It's hard to talk to them about it because they want answers we want too. 

It has taken me about two weeks to write this because I have been so sad about it. I have cried some tears drafting this post to you and I have even thought about not doing it at all. However that would defeat the purpose of it. This is where I get to tell you everything that is hard to say. 

It is very hard to say that Somehow mommy and daddy failed at this job we coveted so much and lost it and now we are faced with more stress and expense when this job was supposed to help eliminate the amount of stress from those things in our lives. 

At least you were allowed room to explore this huge apartment for five months. You learned to walk here, turned one years old and started drinking cows milk! You love to watch the tree outside our living room window sway in the breeze and watch the people way down below living their lives. I am so sorry you will loose this pretty apartment Crosby. 

Sometimes no matter how hard you work, things don't work out. This is why it is important to know your own self worth. Even when others can't see it, YOU need to know you are good. You are important. You matter. I will work hard to ensure you have the tools to realize this about yourself. Daddy will too. 

I hope and pray every day Crosby that you grow a thick enough skin to enjoy the life I have given you because it's not always easy but is always important to enjoy life. 

We have to move by the end of this month, fast again. We just recovered from paying rent here and paying Joe as well for the first two months we were here. We can't afford the $2,200 rent without our pre-tax discount earned by cleaning. 

I am so so sorry sweetheart. Daddy and I were thrilled to have secured this job and home for you. The application and screening process was long. To have it disappear so suddenly is very hard to handle but its worse when I'm here all day playing with you and know that soon we won't be here. 

I'm so sorry. It will be ok. But I am sorry. 

On the bright side we will be moving in with Grandma Nana and you will have two full time caregivers! Wow lucky boy! Grandma also has a pretty yard for you and the dogs to enjoy. We can't bring many of our things. Grandpa Larry is nice enough to let us store all our house things up at his house until we get a place of our own again. 

Another adventure for us my love. We will always have fun and make the most of life no matter what it hands us. It's our choice to be happy or not. We Flemings like to be happy. Xo




2 comments: