Today we went to first Unitarian church at 3400 DuPont ave in Minneapolis. Gaga and Kristin Mortenson joined us.
You went to toddler class and had so much fun! You made Mommy and Daddy a picture with crayons. We love it!
The message of service today was about giving more of yourself than you are comfortable doing. Going above and beyond what you normally do and see that it won't in fact kill you, or hurt you, or really do anything bad at all. Quite the opposite is true. You will feel a lightening of spirit.
Mommy saved a dollar that she found in an old purse and some change (1.80) earlier in the week.
I took the dollar to put in the offering at church. Mommy hasn't spent a penny since we moved into our new home. She can't.
During service it dawned on her that the dollar was in her coat pocket that daddy hung up in the coat room.
At a pause in service, she told Daddy
"I brought that dollar I found, but I left it in my coat do you have a dollar in your wallet?" He replied "yes"
I said "do you have three?" Thinking of the message just delivered.
Then daddy said a wonderful thing.
"I have five we can give."
Mom and dad gave five times the amount that Mama had intended, and we didn't die. It's a small start but one we hope to carry through into other parts of our lives.
After service we all sat and ate delicious spring rolls compliments of Kristin (nom nom nom) you were soon all tuckered out and we had to wisk you off to your nap.
We love you binner.

<3
ReplyDelete