Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Two months old

I know we have only been together for a short time however I feel as though you have always been with me.

When I look at you you I feel like I have been studying your face all my life even though it's only been 8 short weeks.

There are no words to describe how much I love you. You will not understand how true that statement is until you know the love you will someday have for your own children.

Until then all I can say to try to make you know my love is that- it's all for you.

My son. My baby boy. My Crosby Dean.

Every thought I generate. Everything I do and everything I put out into the world is now preceded by a thought about how it will effect you.

I promise to devote myself to you and any siblings I give you until my dying breath and if possible even after that.

It's an easy promise to make. I've already given you my heart. I feel like you emerged from my own soul. There is nothing I wouldn't do for you Crosby.

Even when you think I am hurting you please remember that whenever you hurt I hurt ten times more because it's my job to spare you pain.

I hope you will enjoy reading this blog someday. It will be yours alone for a while until your siblings are born (god willing) then they will take over and eventually the writings will be for all of you. It would be a nightmare for mommy to keep up separate ones for everyone. We need to try to have reasonable expectations in order to succeed.

Right now you are sleeping next to me in my bed. I'm watching Marie Antoinette and snuggling you and feeding you when you are hungry.

Xo




No comments:

Post a Comment